Server One (June 2023)
Pay with Bitcoin to get 9% off and free international shipping.
About the Server One
The Server One is perfect for a an individual or family wanting to run 25-35 services and use them on a regular basis.
- Operating System: StartOS
- Processor: 11th generation Intel® Celeron® N4505 2.00 GHz base frequency, 2.90 GHz turbo frequency, 2 threads, Active (fan) Cooling
- Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 RAM
Storage: Crucial P3 PCIe M.2 2280 NVMe
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- USB Ports: 4 x USB 3.2, 2 x USB 2.0
- Networking: 1 RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet LAN), with Intel Wireless-AC 9462, 802.11ac
- Power: 1 Power button, DC-IN Jack (19VDC 65W power supply)
- Dimension: 5.0″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (12.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 3.6 cm)
- Weight: 2.2 lbs (1 kg)
For businesses and content creators who desire more power and greater security guarantees, we recommend the Server Pro.
Why Run a Private Server?
The cloud is just someone else's computer. When you use someone else's computer, your data is not your own, you are not in control. Invasion of privacy, censorship, custodial risk, and forever rising costs plague the cloud and practically guarantee its demise.
When you run a private server, you are in control. You don't rely on others to process or store your data.
The future of personal computing is individuals, families, and businesses self-hosting open-source software on private servers accessed over anonymous networks from personal websites through custom browsers on rooted devices. And the future is now.
StartOS is a novel Linux distro with a graphical interface purpose built for self-hosting. It facilitates the entire process of discovering, downloading, installing, configuring, networking, monitoring, backing up, and generally managing almost any variety of self-hosted, open-source services with unprecedented ease.
For developers and system administrators, StartOS provides huge time savings over traditional Linux workflows. For the rest of us, and for the first time since the arrival of the Internet, it makes digital autonomy possible.
Build Your Own
StartOS can be installed for free on a wide variety of existing laptops, desktops, SBCs, and mini PCs.