Operating system only!
EmbassyOS is a graphical operating system for running self-hosted software. Available services include: Matrix, Bitcoin, Lightning, File Browser, Bitwarden, Mastodon, and more. It runs on a Raspberry Pi 4.
After purchase, you will receive an email containing a link to download the operating system. View the complete DIY instructions here.
There are five reasons you might prefer to build your own Embassy instead of purchasing one from Start9.
- You already own the necessary hardware and would like to re-purpose it.
- You live outside the US and want to save on shipping costs.
- You do not trust Start9's supply chain.
- You do not want to share your shipping address.
- You just like building things.