Next Shipment expected Q3 2021.
Embassy is a radical, uncompromising, plug-and-play private server, offering one-click installation and simple configuration of a growing list of powerful, self-hosted, open-source services such as Matrix, Bitcoin, Lightning, File Browser, Bitwarden, Mastodon, BTCPay and more.
Embassy comes preinstalled with EmbassyOS.
In The Box
- Raspberry Pi 4 (8GB)
- Crucial MX500 2.5 inch SSD (1 TB or 2TB) with sleek aluminum enclosure and USB 3.0 connection cable*.
- 16GB SanDisk microSD, preinstalled with EmbassyOS 0.3.0
- GPIO mini speaker/buzzer for audio feedback
- Power supply (US, UK, EU, AU)
* Want to use your own HDD or SSD? You can purchase Embassy without the external drive here.
Building Your Own
Embassy implements off-the-shelf, commodity hardware, making it easy for you to build your own. Check out our simple DIY guide.
There are five reasons you might prefer to build your own Embassy instead of purchasing one from Start9.
- You already own the necessary hardware and would like to re-purpose it.
- You live outside the US and want to save on shipping costs.
- You do not trust Start9's supply chain.
- You do not want to share your shipping address.
- You just like building things.