Powered by the reliable Raspberry Pi and Start9's EmbassyOS, the Embassy Pi is a radical, uncompromising, plug-and-play private server, offering one-click installation and smooth operation of a growing list of powerful, self-hosted services.
The Embassy One is perfect for an individual wanting to run 15-20 services in parallel for themselves. For those wanting to host their own content or share access with friends and family, the more powerful Embassy Pro is preferred.
- Operating System: EmbassyOS 0.3.0
- Single Board Computer: Raspberry Pi 4b (8GB)
- Processor: broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM
- Storage: 2TB Samsung T7 SSD
- USB Ports: 2 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB 2.0
- Networking: 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Gigabit Ethernet
- Dimension: 3.54″ x 2.55″ x 1.02″ (90 cm x 65 cm x 26 cm)
Already own an SSD?
You can purchase an Embassy without an SSD here.
Building Your Own
Embassy implements off-the-shelf, commodity hardware, making it easy for you to build your own. Check out our DIY guide.
There are five reasons you might prefer to build your own Embassy instead of purchasing one from Start9.
- You already own the necessary hardware and would like to re-purpose it.
- You live outside the US and want to save on shipping / customs costs.
- You do not trust Start9's supply chain.
- You do not want to share your shipping address.
- You just like building things.